Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summertime~

I know, I don't update ever. I'm working on it I swear.

Personally my favorite season; I mean come on, no school, that nasty snow is all melted, it's nice and hot out, the water is nice and refreshing...what's not to love about summer? Well actually, quite a few things. Let's see: summer school, camp (which is not always a good thing), sunburns (Note! I realize it is technically possible to get sunburned at any time of the year. However, it is more likely for one to get sunburned in the summer), summer jobs, and boredom. But hey, it's my favorite season.

So camp! For the past nine years, I have attended the exact same summer day camp since I was five. I didn't go this year; last year I worked as a counselor, and it was probably the worst choice I could have made for a job. The pay? $10 a day. That's right, not $10 an hour, but $10 a day. I worked 8-4:30, and occasionally had to stay for meetings until 9 at night. Sounds like fun, no? The only way I stayed remotely sane is because I had one adorable little kid named Jack Daniel, who thought I was his dad (his mother divorced). And yes, he also has the most amazing name ever. This summer I chose to work at a camp, but it's across my street (unlike the 1 and a half bus ride up to Camp Robin Hood, my former camp experience), and I get volunteer hours for it. I need 150 hours total, and so this pretty must cleans all of those up. So far, it's been going well. The kids seem to like me, which is cute, until you have 17 4 year olds whining at you because you can't choose a game to play with all of them. This is after you've gone through Bingo, Connect Four, and the other timeless classics that all children love.

I will get to my other points in a minute, but first, I found this quite interesting. Today, one of my kids brought a Pokemon card to the school - it's a school run camp. I was absolutely delighted to see that Pokemon continues to pass on generation to generation, and was about to sit down with him and rant about Pokemon together. The card was a Slowbro, by the way. Mahvash, my supervisor, swiftly glides over to us and tells the kid that he knows better and can't bring Pokemon cards to camp. She then threatened to take it away if she saw him with it again. I immediately ask Emre (the kid) after Mahvash leaves: "Well, why? You mean you can't bring Pokemon cards?" Emre tells me even talking about Pokemon is prohibited.
Now tell me you don't see something wrong with this picture. First of all, the kid is like 4 years old. What's he going to do, give everyone paper cuts with his Pokemon cards? Get distracted? (because as we all know, 4 year olds are attentive, sharp minded, and focused young children. Right.) Emre walked off to play with Playdoh after Mahvash talked to him, and 5 minutes later ran back asking me to show him a magic trick. Then he forgot what he was doing.

For god's sake, they're children. I have been trying to rationalize as to why Pokemon is completely taboo, and can't think of a reason. The franchise is aimed towards young children! I told my kids: "Guys, I really don't care. I encourage you to bring your cards. Trade them, talk about them, I don't mind. I won't tell Mahvash. Oh and ask her for me, why on earth can't you talk about Pokemon?" Not surprisingly, my kids completely adore me now. But seriously, I ask you, my reader (note the singular) to give me an explanation to this. I am completely confounded as to why children are shunned from even uttering the word "Bulbasaur".

Moving on, I am almost certain humanity is doomed. I have recently been introduced to a man named "Anthony." I have never met him, my friend introduced him to me via MSN. Within ten minutes of talking to me, he insisted I was his boyfriend and that we were to be married the second he turned 18. At first, I was certain he was just being silly. I even thought he was trolling me. So I asked him if he lieked mudkipz. He said he loved the Pokemon anime and that he was planning on buying Diamond. So, that eliminates a troll, hopefully he's just acting dumb. I get my friend in the conversation, and she plays a parody of him; she types in the same sentence structure he does, acts completely retarded, and is overly flamboyant. She also states she is a 17 year old female who lives in California. Not once does Anthony ask me how I know her. Ok, so maybe I met her online? I'm starting to seriously lose faith in this man's credibility. My friend then tells him he's stupid, can't type, and is so thickheaded she could chuck a brick at his face and he wouldn't notice. He lols.

So I'm officially certain he's dead serious, and is the most pathetic little man I've ever seen. He is religious I think to be "cool", he doesn't believe in God and yet states he's catholic. He persistantly insists I am his boyfriend, when I have told him to fuck off and die. He also once told me my girlfriend was imaginary, and that I was delusional. So tell me, reader, take a stab at his IQ. He's in a private school, and tells me he does "well". He refused to do the pig dissection, and came to the conclusion that he hates men. No, it didn't have anything to do with the pig. He just emailed me saying he thought the pig dissection was disgusting. I told him it was mandatory. He told me he hates men. Trying to follow his train of thought it dangerous - believe me, I once tried to follow his line of thinking. I ended up smashing my head against the wall a number of times because it wasn't possible.

I have told him that he is the sole reason I lose faith in humanity. If there are more people like him, we are seriously fucked. His intelligence scares me. It shouldn't be that bad. I just hope he's clinically retarded, or something. Because damn, if there's more like this person walking the streets, humanity is doomed. Anything like that who is able to corrupt our relatively intelligent gene pool should be shot dead right on the spot.

I will probably update later with details about a ton of plans I have the next couple of weeks - I'll update with reflections of how parties can be the reason I have difficulty sleeping.

Until next time, ciao.

1 comment:

Alhavra said...

This is you're girlfriend :P

Apparently, now, I'm imaginary...So I can't actually type this...But I am...what the hey?

Anyways, back when we were in first grade or so Pokemon was banned because everyone was betting them and when they lost they got sad...and then it was this kid stole mine, I lost this, and they eventually ended up banning it. But yeah, that seems intense.

One hundred and fifty hours? Why?