Monday, July 14, 2008

PARTIES ARE FUN

Yes, yes they are.

So basically a ton of stuff has happened since my last post. The Friday after I updated, I went to a party where I knew there would be drinking. I shrugged, paid the money, and planned on not taking one sip of alcohol while everyone else got shit-faced. Only part of that is true, and I didn't take any alcohol. The party was from 7-12, and everyone was drinking casually. No one was drinking to get drunk, and the people who did get a little tipsy were just incredible lightweights. The party started off with around ten people standing around the kitchen staring at the booze. We called for pizza, chatted about our lives, caught up with people we hadn't seen, and introduced ourselves. I met quite a few people at this party, I was pleased. After a moment of silence, someone asked when the whole drinking deal started, and alcohol immediately started flying. Coolers and beers were popped open, the vodka started to pour, and rum was immediately mixed with numerous drinks that produced a very strange looking brown mixture. At this point, I left the kitchen and went to talk with some people I'd met.

At around eleven o clock, everyone disappeared. Like seriously, I couldn't find anyone. Bear in mind there were quite a few couples at this party, and an abundance of bedrooms with locked doors. I happened to be one of them. With another couple. I was there, minding my own business watching Star Wars, and there's a couple behind me, lying in bed together. I asked if I should leave, and they didn't say so. So I stayed. I left at midnight, expecting a ton of people to leave with me. I'm usually the first one to leave a party, and was expecting to leave with a group. Not a soul was in the lobby. I went back upstairs to fetch my phone, finding the bedroom door to be locked, and left after yelling to no one that I was leaving. Nonetheless, I had fun.

The next weekend, I had friends up to my cottage. First night we caught up, contemplated having a beer, took one anyways (excluding myself), went for a night swim, and ate lots and lots of candy. The next morning we were completely dead. Next day, we went tubing, swam a bit, went for a boat ride, went cliff jumping, were camera whores on the boat, tooks lots of pictures, made a ton of jokes, and played cards. Then I did a magic show, which was fun. The next day we sulked about having to leave, packed up, went on the trampoline, played truth or dare, and ended up playing hide and seek as zombies.

Every summer, I have the same group of friends up to my cottage, and we do more or less the same things every year. I love it, it's definitely one of the highlights of my summer. The week before the cottage I didn't plan anything thinking the summer would end immediately after the weekend. I was severely disappointed to come back Sunday and realize I had work the next day.

Firefox doesn't recognize didn't, or doesn't as a word. Hm.

I miss school, surprisingly. My job is so boring, and I am beginning to miss my school friends. I mean, next year is the last year I'll see them right? And I never get around to seeing my friends in the summer, so it's weird thinking about the next time I'll see them. I suppose next year will be worse, and there will be that awkward time period when you're waiting to see what university you got into, and which one your friends didn't.

I have just realized that this entire post was an infodump, very different from my usual ones that are at least somewhat witty or funny. This is what happens when I try and post about nothing! Not really sure when I'll update next; I suppose I'll have stuff to talk about when I come back from Halifax. Probably not though. OH WELL.

No comments: