Monday, June 16, 2008

Exams have exeunted!

I realize "exeunted" is not a word.

So! Exams are over, and the break is finally here! Oh, oops did I forget to mention that Wednesday you have to go back to school? SORRY, SUMMER ISN'T HERE YET. Bah, I hate the days following exams; you think school is all over and done with, and then you have to go back. One of the many reasons I will never attend summer school.

Looking over my horrible vague notes I have written for myself, I am to address After Forever. To start! It is a band. A very good band, to be more precise. Evanescence is a good band to compare them against - they sound very similar to one another. Both female singers with excellent vocals, and the same sort of genre. After Forever is a little faster and harder than Evanescence, but not by much. It's hardly noticeable until you play the bands side by side. I've been introduced to a number of bands over the past few months that sound a lot like Evanescence- Nightwish, and Within Temptation being the best of the bunch. Seriously guys, listen to these bands. You probably won't like them but still~! Listen to them.

Exams went well. I started off with English, which was a total joke. In fact, it was so easy I think I overwrote and might have deviated from my original thesis. I mean really, "to what extend have writers used protagonists in books?" Hm, I don't know, it's only totally necessary for plot development. I had a day off, and then followed up with Biology. Not so bad, I probably scored poorly on the multiple choice section; however, I did well on the long written responses. One of the long term answers involved diagrams of the reproduction system, and so I couldn't help but giggle a little bit when my drawing come out looking terrible. I can't draw for beans.

Geography definitely was my worst exam. I cannot for the life of me answer IB style questions. The IB likes to be overly pretentious, and vague about what they're trying to ask you, and expect answers that are incredibly detailed and specific. Definitely did not do well on the last question either - I ran out of time and essentially just listed off everything we knew surrounding child birth in LEDCs (Less Economically Developed Countries), and actually wrote on my paper "Dammit I ran out of time." That'll definitely raise my mark.

Spanish and Math were easy. Not much else to say.

Now, I wrote down "opening theme songs" really just because I was raving about them at the time, and was expecting myself to write a detailed account of how I lurked around youtube searching for the Pokemon anime openings. Well, I did, and I found every last one of them. Just in case you haven't deduced this already: I am a freak.

I will cover wars against pretentiousness later. It might even deserve it's own post.

I tried to organize a party today, actually. Note the "tried". Four people are confirmed for coming, and I'm not even sure one of them knows where the party is. That's what I get for asking people four nights in advance though - people need at least a week to ask their parents and make sure it doesn't interfere with their daily routine. Seriously guys, live in the moment, not two years from now.

Personal messages: wars against pret- right, and wars against people and how I periodically lose faith in humanity.

CAN'T THINK OF A CLEVER WAY TO END YOUR BLOG POSTS? JUST USE ALL CAPS TO ELIMINATE ANY FORM OF AWKWARDNESS YOU MAY HAVE. ILU SHIFT KEY.

No comments: