Friday, May 30, 2008

School and not school

Ok, so I'm in the IB program right now (If you don't know what IB is, here's their main site, but I'll talk about it anyway) for grade 11, and the grade 12s have just recently finished writing their last exams, and are therefore done with high school. There are 10 exams, two for each subject, spread out over three weeks. Now, some people might think have time between exams is awesome, and more time to study. Myself, I absolutely despise this system. I mean seriously, if you've studied enough, you'll be able to pull off an exam right after another. I'd do two exams in a row, to be honest. What I don't enjoy is writing an exam, having two days for it to loom over my head, and totally freak out on the day off because I haven't been studying, and using my "study time" to beat Super Mario Galaxy over again. IT'S NOT MY FAULT I HAVE HORRIBLE STUDY HABITS.

Another thing that bothers me, is that the IB likes to be incredibly pretentious, and vague. FOR EXAMPLE. A question as simple as: Who is the protagonist in the two books blah and blah. Is worded like: Examining the two books blah and blah, some commonalities can be identified. Using your knowledge of the books, investigate the de facto protagonist, and explain your answer. First of all: DE FACTO. Second of all: I have no idea what this question wants me to answer. YAY IB. This can create complications when writing an exam worth 30% of your bloody mark.

Click, I swear it's related to me whining about IB. Oh uncyclopedia~ The sample IB questions are absolutely brilliant. "Biology: You have been provided with a scalpel, and a bottle of scotch. Remove your appendix. You have ten minutes." I mean seriously, whoever thought that up is a genius.

(PS that was the "tastless making fun ofs" referred to in my previous blog.

O HAI XCHAT. It's an IRC based client, which allows for instant messaging with multiple other people (basically, anyone who connects to the channel). So I use it to talk to people on the TCoD forums. It's quite a nice program; you can customize it visually, and also to tailor to internet preferences , proxies etc. And also, it's great for stealth conversations. You can open up tabs with anyone in the chat, and it's brilliant for talking behind people's backs. I know, I'm a horrible person.

FORES OF SHADOW: I am going to keep you in so much absolute suspense because I'm not even going to say anything here. Mainly because, I got nothin'.

Adios amigos~

No comments: