Friday, May 23, 2008

Impending rant in 3

2
1

HAY GUYS. Did I keep you all in absolute suspense waiting for this next thrilling blog entry? I have actually been anticipating writing this for a while now, and already know exactly what I am going to talk about. Writing it down last night helped. A lot.

First: Metroid Prime. I used to have a mini journal on my computer that I'd write in when I was a)bored, b) depressed (very few times this happened) or c) recapping a vacation or exciting event. I used to name each entry in a format similar of that to the Metroid Prime database entries for Space Pirates. If you haven't played the game, skip this paragraph because you'll have no idea what I'm talking about. You know how each log was named? [sector in which update was made][day][some form of month][year] At least, that's what I make of it. It's never explicitly explained, but you can guess pretty accurately at how the Space Pirates function. The Metroid series is one of my favorite game series, and I absolutely adore the structure of the Space Pirate's experimentation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE. I have come to believe that I have ADHD (attention deficit hearing disorder), diagnosed on account of my horrible lack of attention. I have periods of time in my life where I get completely obsessed over one thing (example Mario games at the moment; a few weeks ago it was Digimon) which has also led me to believe I have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). I am a neurotic freak who can't have his room messy, I organize my bookshelf frequently, and find joy in filing and vacuuming. And I have ADHD. My brain never fails to surprise me.

Ok. So I have an issue. Almost everyone knows what Pokemon is; it's been around for like twenty years now. Ok maybe less but WHATEVER. Anyways, I am a poketard who can almost perfectly recite all 498 pokemon, give an adequate description of each, and probably list all their learnable attacks. www.veekun.com is a god site for anyway who is thrilled by these hobbies. I have found that there is a general opinion that Pokemon is for little kids, and that I am a immature freak too old to be playing Pokemon. THIS IS MOST INCORRECT. Most people would say that international communication is highly sophisticated no? I mean, how often do you get to chat with some random person from Vietnam. Through Pokemon, this is possible. NOT ONLY are online battles fun and allow you to adapt battling strategies, but culture is spread! I have learnt (through online battles) that Iceland's streets are heated, and that the beds are most uncomfortable. This, ladies and gentlemen, could be the solution to world peace. If everyone played Pokemon, and had online battles with each other, it'd be like one giant happy family! Conferences could be held, there would be a deeper appreciation of culture, and all this would happen while you watch you Lucario learn Aura Sphere! I've gone off on a bit of a tangent and ended up with an insane ending, but you get the drift. It teachers kids strategies, allows people to talk and make friends, and it teaches patience. Because damn my Empoleon to hell if it doesn't earn experience faster.

Walls of text are fun to read aren't they.

FORUMS OF DOOM. Click my "Click plz" link on my link bar, and hit the forums button. Yes, it is Pokemon related, and no you will probably not appreciate it as much as I do. But I feel obliged to mention it so that it gets just a tiny bit of publicity.

CLIFFHANGERZ: I will get to my comics made of awesome next post (probably tommorow) and talk about my godawful fanfiction. AREN'T YOU EXCITED? Also: note to readers. My comment about the adventures of k19 and google was the result of me smashing my keyboard to see what amusing combination of letters would pop up. It was meant to be stupid, and yes, someone did ask me who k19 was.

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY FAP.
I'll talk about that next time too.

*flee*

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

FAP? Are you masturbating while writing this? I do not want to hear about your sexual deviancy.